EPDM is a type of synthetic rubber
- Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas.
- EPDM rubber foam sheet manufacturers produce gaskets, seals and many other custom die cut parts in EPDM elastomers for customers that span across industry groups and international locations.
- Used in the proper environment with long lasting without breaking down, becoming brittle, etc. which saves money on replacements.
- EPDM is resistance to UV exposure, ozone, aging, weathering, and many chemicals.
- EPDM rubber is used in automotive weather-stripping and seals, glass-run channel, radiator, garden and appliance hose, tubing, belts, electrical insulation, roofing membrane, rubber mechanical goods, plastic impact modification, thermoplastic and motor oil applications.
- Resistance to steam and water.
- Used in the production of extruded rubber or molded rubber products.
- It is also used to make moisture barriers, pond liners/membranes, vehicle glazing systems, bumpers, gaskets, o-rings, valves and pumps.
- EPDM Rubber foam is a highly demanded material to all over the world. It is an elastomer characterized by a wide range of applications Due to the superb air tight and water tight properties of EPDM foam it is generally used within the automotive, electronic and construction trades.
- It is also a very good material for jointing expansion, weather strips, glazing and closure seals as well as shock absorbers.
- Nowadays rubber foams have long been considered as an economical material for many applications due to their wide variety of advantageous properties, such as light weight, buoyancy, cushioning performance, acoustic insulation, inertness, and good aging.
- This rubber is used in seals in door seals, window seals, trunk seals and sometimes hood seals.
- Coulored EPDM granules are mixed with polyurethane binders and troweled or sprayed onto concrete, asphalt, screenings, interlocking brick, wood, etc. to create a non-slip, soft, porous safety surface for wet-deck areas such as pool decks and as safety surfacing under playground play equipment.
EPDM is a synthetic rubber composed of ethylene and propylene. It displays properties such as resistance to heat, weather, ozone, and polar substances, and is an excellent electrical insulator. It can be manufactured by three different processes: solution process, slurry process, and gas-phase process. EPDM is used in various applications in the automotive, molded goods, building and construction, lubricant additive, and plastic modification sectors.
EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) widely used in low-slope buildings in the United States and worldwide. Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas. EPDM is available in both black and white, and is sold a broad variety of widths, ranging from 7.5 feet to fifty feet, and in two thicknesses, 45 and 60 mils. EPDM can be installed either fully adhered, mechanically attached or ballasted, with the seams of the roofing system sealed with liquid adhesives or specially formulated tape.
The EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) rubber roofing membrane has been an appealing choice of the low-slope commercial roofing industry for over 40 years. EPDM continues to be a top choice of architects, roof consultants and contractors for both new construction and replacement roofing projects.
The greatest test of any construction material is how it performs under actual field conditions. Forty years of empirical experience in field applications has shown EPDM to have the roofing industry’s longest average service life. Characteristics that contribute to this superior overall system performance include:
- Cyclical membrane fatigue resistance
- High resistance to ozone, weathering and abrasion
- Flexibility in low temperatures
- Superior resistance to extreme heat and fire
- Thermal shock durability
- Ultraviolet radiation resistance
Architects, roof consultants and contractors have come to depend on EPDM’s time tested, long-term performance.
For inquiries, please email us at [email protected] or visit us on www.mauwest.co.ke