In this case, the client had two leaking polycarbonate roofs. The two polycarbonate roofs were for two food courts belonging to the client. There was evidence that earlier repairs were done on the roofs but they were ineffective. Furthermore, the cafes that served food and the customers who come to eat at the food court were suffering every time it rained.
Most of the repairs we have done on roofs are usually flat roofs(made of concrete) and pitched roofs (which consist of roofing tiles, slates, iron sheets, etc). In this case, the job to be done was to waterproof 2 curved light polycarbonate roofs. These were the biggest challenges we faced:
- One roof was very high from the ground (approximately 15 meters high) .
- Due to the light nature of polycarbonate roofs, we could not step on the roofs. It was too risky and a safety hazard
- Since the food court was located close to a commercial building, we could only work on the weekends only.
Because of the height of the polycarbonate roof, we had to use a boom lift to lift us to the roof.
Our solution was to use an acrylic membrane known as GREY LIQUID RUBBER WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE
Grey Liquid Rubber Waterproofing Membrane is an acrylic emulsion which is applied in two coats either by brush or spray to new or existing substrates. Within two to eight hours of application, dependent on weather conditions, the material dries to a tough but elastic film immediately protecting the roof from the ingress of water.
The resultant membrane has good resistance to weathering, acidic, or sulphur dioxide concentrations likely to be found in industrial atmospheres, mold growth, penetration by fire and spread of flame.
The membrane is suitable for application over most types of flat or sloping roofs. It can be applied to:
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Metal decking
- Bitumen (unstable surfaces)
- Roofing felt
- Clay and concrete tiles
- Corrugated iron
- Various Insulants
The following detail work can also be treated:
- Bolt Heads
- Brick Work
- Translucent Sheets
- Glazing Bars
- Vent Pipes
- Quick & easy-to-use.
- Resists mold growth.
- Very flexible thus suitable for metal surfaces
- Saves time, quick curing and no need for additional fixings for most applications.
- Excellent temperature range, can be used in any weather conditions.
- Excellent resistance to UV.
- Will not attack synthetic material, unlike solvent based adhesive.
- Bonds & seals virtually any material.
- Environmentally friendly and user friendly – no solvents, non hazardous, non flammable and no odour means it can be used in confined spaces and areas open to the public.
For technical help:
Phone: 254-02-2358486, 254-20-422949/50
|Email: [email protected]/[email protected]|