19 Sep Mold Warning Signs
Mold Warning Signs
Molds are very problematic to most homeowners. When presented with the right conditions, they can grow literally anywhere in the house as long as the surface is wet or damp. This includes behind walls, under your carpet, etc. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or homes, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains unaddressed.
Mold signs on a damp wall
Mold growth should be avoided at all costs because they have the potential to cause serious health concerns. Frequent exposure to mold may cause allergic reactions to individuals, especially infants. Individuals allergic to mold can develop asthma attacks. Allergic responses to sensitive individuals include sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and skin rash.
Signs of a damp wall
How to you get rid of mold? The first and vital step is to fix any water problems within the house or building. Mold will not grow if moisture is not present. Therefore, presence of mold growth indicates there is a water problem. Water problems can be as a result of rising damp, leaky window frames, seepage of water through cracks and porous surfaces on the walls and floor, plumbing leaks and other water problems. Additional helpful tips include checking if roof gutters are leaking and cleaning them regularly, increasing ventilation and frequent cleaning of wet areas (bathrooms, kitchens etc).
Have you noticed any water problems in your basement, living room or any other place in the house or building? Reach out to us for help.